Section 3 // 9:30 a.m. // #RussianTrolls
Panel members: Tori, Melissa, Amanda S.
Q1: What do you already know about web brigades?
Q2: Why do you think Russia feels the need to use # to influence the US?
Q3: Russian trolls have become more popular in the past few years, why do you think it’s grown?
- “Salutin’ Putin: inside a Russian troll house” (The Guardian, April 2015)
- “Facebook’s Russia-Linked Ads Came in Many Disguises” (New York Times, October 2017)
Section 4 // 12:30 p.m. // #doxing
Panel members: Rachel, Joe, Laura, Lex
- “What Is Doxing?” (HTML.com, 2015)
- “Women Explain Why They Are Boycotting Twitter” (Gizmodo, October 2017)
- “Whatever Your Side, Doxing Is a Perilous Form of Justice” (Wired, August 2017)
Counter-technology: Dox Yourself! (Google Doc)