Today we are workshopping your drafts with help from the Writing Center, but before we get to it, our tutors will begin by giving us a sense of what the WC can do for you, where it’s located, and how to make an appointment.
The Writing Center!
Workshopping the Truthometer posts
- Make sure your draft is titled correctly and is easy to find on your site. It should have [DRAFT] before and/or after the title of the post (example: “[DRAFT] Did Vegas Shooter Attend Bernie Sanders Rally in 2016? [DRAFT]”)
- Everyone will respond to 2 drafts today.
- To find out who you are responding to, go to this spreadsheet. Find your name the blog URLs you will respond to in the next two columns.
- For each author: go to their blog, find their name and their draft, and complete this form.
- At the end of class, we’ll look at some of the results together.
Homework for Tuesday, 10/10
- Post your final Truth-o-meter fact-check as a new post. That is, do not overwrite the DRAFT post; instead create a new post so that I can compare the changes. This post is due by midnight on Tuesday, 10/10 unless you go to the Writing Center. If you do that, and you email me the client report form, you may turn in your work on Thursday, 10/12 instead.