For our last class I’d like to review what’s due and how to submit your work. But first, I want to update you on my availability through December 19, when your final project is due.
- Wednesday 12/13 — I’ll be in my office (Victoria 412) from 9:30-3. Make an appointment with me and I’ll be glad to help you!
- Thursday, 12/14, Friday, 12/15, and Monday, 12/18 — I’ll be available via Skype, Google Hangouts, or by phone almost any time during the day. Shoot me an email and we can find a time to talk.
- Tuesday, 12/19 — I’ll be in my office (Victoria 412) next from 9:00-2:30. Make an appointment for last minute questions. Your project is due by the end of the day.
You’re turning in at least three accurately-marked items for me by the end of the day on December 19. All relevant documents should in saved in a Unit 3 subfolder in your WRT shared folder.
- a final plan
- any process documents for your project — scripts, drafts, outlines, plans, raw files, etc.
- a letter to future students
In addition, you will post a draft of your project on FOW. Here’s how.
- Go to futureofwriting.com and scroll to the bottom to “Meta.” Click “Log in.” Use your Rowan email address for your username and the password I give you in class.
- Once you’re logged in, click “Profile” and update your information: enter your first name, last name, write a short bio, and use Gravatar to add your picture. This is important as it will add your bio to your posts (commonly known as a “Byline”).
- Finally, since you all have the same p/w, generate a new one for yourself so your posts are secure. Write this down so you can log in to the site again.
- As an “Author” user in WordPress, you can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish your own posts; however, you cannot access other posts.
- Add a post, just as you did in the first unit. Note that the featured image for your post will be placed prominently on your post, so choose it well.
- Choose the most appropriate category and use multiple tags for your post. For example, if you interviewed someone on campus about their favorite apps, you might choose “interview” for your category but also tag it “interview,” “app,” “Rowan,” etc.
- Choose “Save Draft” until you are ready to publish it to the site (see image).