Today we are workshopping drafts of your Truth-o-meter posts. Before we get to that, please know you can and should use The Writing Center for help.
Note: If you meet with someone before Tuesday’s class, I will give you 5 extra points. To get this, I will need proof that you went there — not that you made an appointment — so be sure to ask your tutor to complete a consultation report (sometimes referred to as a client report form) and send a screenshot of that to me.
Not sure how to make an appointment? Here’s how:
Workshopping the Truth-o-meter posts
- Go to your WRT folder in Drive and create a document, titling it “Truth DRAFT.”
- Paste your latest truth-o-meter draft into the Google Doc, preserving the links and/or embedded media as best you can.
- Go to this spreadsheet and choose to review a draft by adding your Rowan email address to the Reader column.
- Once a reader has signed up to review your work, share this draft with them using the provided email address.
- Once an author has shared their draft with you via email, read their post and complete this form. At the end of class, we’ll look at some of the results together.
After you’ve completed the form, use the review features in Google Docs to provide some additional feedback. If you’re not sure what you can do, perhaps try the following:
- Read the 1st ¶ a few more times. Comment on the sentence from it that best captures the fact that is being investigated and explain why.
- Comment on a few moments when the author’s description of a move is especially clear and explain why. If you are struggling to find such a moment, please note this to the author.
- Comment on a few moments when the author’s description is not very clear? What could be done to improve this?
- Comment on some possible additional sources and/or moves could this author use in the post.
- Comment on would you think this post accomplished. Did it assess the degree of truth of the fact? Did it summarize consensus, or the general agreement among those in a position to know?
Homework for Tuesday, 4/2
- Use the feedback from today to revise your draft by Tuesday, 4/2. Post your final Truth-o-meter fact-check as a new post. That is, do not overwrite the 5th post; instead, create a new post so that I can compare the changes.